Friday, January 29, 2010

New Years Resolutions


So, I made some New Years Resolutions at the beginning of the year, and as the year goes on, I seem to keep adding more to my list. So, for now, here is the list that I have.

1.) Get better PJ'S (Pray, Journal, Scriptures)
(As a side note, this semester as RA's we're working on increasing faith within our residents. I'm thinking about having a PJ'S Party. I'll have the girls come and say we're going to have a PJ'S party so they should wear their cutest PJ'S, and then we'll have some activities on how to strengthen you Personal Prayer, Journal writing, and Scriptures. What do you think?)
2.) Be nicer to myself and learn to love myself.
I tend to put myself done a lot, so I'm working on not doing that. It's a slow process, but it's working. In a CES fireside by President Utchdorf he said quite a few things of meaning to me, however, I'm only going to write a few. "Do not wait for someone else to make your life complete." "Stop wondering if you are defective."
3.) Do well in school, and LOVE what I'm doing.
So far this semester I've been going to the library at least every other day, if not more than that, and I love it!! I'll usually go with some friends but I feel like I'm getting a lot better with my school work.
4.) Go to the temple more often.
Here in Provo I am sooo blessed to have the temple 5 minutes away and to have them allow walk-ins to do baptisms. I'm trying to go once a week. So far, I've only gone twice, but I love being there, so it is going to happen!!!
5.) Keep in contact with my family and have them be a part of my life.
This is one of my newer resolutions. I realize that although I feel that I have a very good relationship with my family, it can easily go south. So, I'm going to call home more often, go to Salt Lake to see my Brother and his family more, plan more cousin dinners, and just keep my family updated with my life. I've learned recently of the immense love my family has for me and that I can't do anything without them. I'm so grateful I have such a big family to take care of me!!!
6.) Be the friend I want in my life.
A couple of weeks ago I attended 2 sacrament meetings. One was because one of my very good friends was giving a talk, and the other was my actual meeting. In both of these meetings there was a talk on being a good friend to others. I know how important it is to have a good friend in my life so I want to be that friend to others. "A good friend makes compromises, but not with their values." "Mean the world to someone and don't stop at that someone. Mean the world to many people." President Uchtdorf also said, "If someone is willing to accept me, imperfect as I am, I should be patient with others imperfections."

I'm sure as I keep going, I'll come up with more resolutions, but as for now, this is all I have time for!!! I love you all!!

Love,
Rachel

1 comments:

lrwardell said...

I love your resolutions. You are so far ahead of where I was at your age. I am very proud of you kiddo and I love you so very much.